Vintage Car & Truck Accessories
Owners use varied terms to refer to older cars and trucks, including classic, antique, and vintage. The term classic car can describe any vehicle older than 20 years, while insurance companies consider cars made between 1900 and 1979 as either antiques or classics. While antique might sound older than vintage, in automobile collecting, restoring, and sales, vintage vehicles are technically manufactured between 1919 to 1930, and accessories are available for them.What safety car and truck accessories are offered?
If owners want to add seat belts to a vintage vehicle, they may purchase aftermarket seat-belt kits for installation. Reflectors may be purchased to add to the front, rear, and sides of the body. You can secure hoods and trunks with latch accessories. Anti-theft devices and improved-visibility head and tail lamps may also be purchased as vintage car and truck accessories.
- Retro seatbelts include two- and three-point assemblies.
- GPS-tracker alarm devices and window stickers are anti-theft accessories.
- Most vintage vehicles have reflector and flare replacement kits.
- New horn assemblies can be installed to increase the horns volume.
Decals, emblems, and detailing kits can be used to embellish exteriors of many vintage makes and models. You can find Chevrolet emblems and decals in metal and enamel, including hood ornaments, gas cap covers, and nose emblems. Radiator and grill emblems for Ford, Chevrolet/GM, Plymouth, and other models are also available. Tail light assemblies, license plate holders, seat covers, wheel covers, hubcaps, visor caps, grilles, luggage covers and racks, and other enhancements, can replace interior and exterior equipment as needed. Wood plaques are available as originals and reproductionsAre remanufactured vintage car accessories available?
Remanufactured vintage or classic car and truck parts differ from refurbished or used items. Remanufactured equipment is restored using contemporary technology to match original performance as closely as possible. The equipment meets original equipment manufacturer standards, but they are replaced using new materials and contemporary workmanship and equipment. Remanufactured accessories for vintage trucks and cars are available using some original and some new materials and workmanship.
- Remanufactured chrome exterior elements can contain original metal but are refinished with new chrome.
- A remanufactured vintage engine will contain only original equipment that can perform to OEM standards.
- Remanufactured dash accessories will only have original equipment that is still in working order.
- Remanufactured seat covers and floor mats may contain few original elements.
Used accessories may be collected from salvage and sold as vintage parts. The parts may need restoration, rebuilding, or remanufacturing before they can be installed in vintage cars and trucks. Some accessories from older cars and trucks, like defrosting fans, may be a combination of used and rebuilt parts, while others, like wheel or seat covers, may be completely remanufactured.