Uniden Cordless Telephones and Handsets
Uniden makes a variety of telephone handsets for personal and professional use. The telephone handset can be used just about anywhere in your home or office because there is no cord attached to it. There are also a variety of helpful feature included on some models, including voicemail and speakerphone.What are some standard features of Uniden cordless phones?
Although there are several models of Uniden cordless phones on the market, many of these telephones have a few features in common. These can include:
- LCD screen: Most cordless phones will have this type of screen for viewing names and numbers.
- Caller ID: Your Uniden model will likely be able to display the name of your caller and his or her phone number. Some models also store the phone numbers of contacts.
- Speakerphone: This feature is used for hands-free conversations.
- Voicemail: The descendant of the answering machine, this system allows callers to leave messages for you to check when you are available.
- Battery: In case of a power outage, your phone will still be supplied with electricity due to the rechargeable battery.
DECT is an acronym for Digital Enhanced Cordless Technology, which allows a cordless phone to use your landline for a phone conversation. With the Uniden DECT model, you can walk around your home or office and talk on the telephone without having to use a cord or a cell phone. The DECT uses an operating frequency that connects the main unit to the handset. The North American version of the DECT operates at 1.9GHz.How do you restart your Uniden phone?
If the phone has trouble recognizing its base, you can reset the phone. You may also reset your phone if you have a couple of handsets and you want them to be connected to a single base. To reset the phone:
- Remove the batteries after opening the battery door on the back of the handset.
- Enter the key code.
- When putting the batteries back inside, hold the pound and star keys simultaneously. Press the menu button on the right side of the handset. This should be a soft button that is unlabeled and is located directly underneath the screen.
- The screen should then display "EEPROM CLEAR OK!" Put the handset on the base. The telephone should now be reset and registered to the new base.
The number of handsets for a single base largely depends on the preference of the user and which model of phone you have. Some Uniden models can have as many as 12 handsets operating on the same line at once.