Saitek is a maker of PC peripherals that is perhaps best known for its flight simulator controllers. If you have a flight simulator project that needs to use peripherals that are close to actual airplane controls for entertainment or training, these products may be able to fill that role. You can learn more about flight simulator controllers and peripherals here.What types of flight simulator controllers and peripherals are available?
There is a wide range of peripherals that can be used to build a flight simulator setup for a computer. Some of these are gaming controllers that mimic airplane flight sticks, and others are sophisticated facsimiles of the controls of specific airplanes. In many cases, you can choose a type of flight terrain to work on, such as landing on an island, navigating a mountain range, or landing in a city. Below is a list of some of the types of controls that are available:
- Game controllers: These are usually joysticks designed specifically for flight simulator entertainment and training software that combine many different flight-related buttons and controls with an eight-direction stick to control movement.
- Flight rudder pedals: These peripherals are designed to connect to a computer and be actuated by a user's feet to simulate the rudder pedals found in many airplanes.
- Cockpit panels: These peripherals replicate an airplane's panel of gauges and indicators.
- Trim wheels: These are trim wheel controllers that replicate the trim wheels found in specific airplane cockpits.
- Flight yoke system: These peripherals function like joysticks to control movement in a game or flight simulator, but they replicate the yoke controls found in airplanes.
- Throttle quadrants: These peripherals reproduce the throttle controls of an airplane for controlling simulated airplane engines individually.
There has been a long tradition of flight simulator software and games for the PC that has supported the market for flight control peripherals. Most of these peripherals are designed to work with IBM-compatible computers and use USB connectors. Their compatibility with other operating systems like MacOS or Linux depends on the availability of drivers and software to support them on those systems.What's the best way to handle driver installation problems?
Often, the issue is a case of having driver software that isn't designed to work with the operating system on your computer. You may need to download software for your operating system or more up-to-date drivers.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Saitek.