Consolidating into an All-In-One Desktop Computer
Despite the increasing popularity of portable devices like laptops and tablets, desktops, and all-in-one desktop PCs remain common among certain users. In the modern world, desktops are generally used for tasks that require a lot of processing power and memory, as laptops are often lacking in that regard. There are a lot of different types of desktop computer on the market, and the model that you choose will depend on both your budget and on what you plan on using it for.
What Are the Important Things to Consider when Choosing an All-In-One?
With the large variety of PCs on the market, the choice in the modern world is larger than ever. Some people go for a brand new operating system (OS) and a new version of Windows, while others decide that something with an older system like the Windows XP will do the job. When choosing a new HP computer, consider the following:
- Age - The advances in PC technology over the past decade have been incredible, which means that you need to choose carefully if you are looking at secondhand computers.
- Technical specs - These are somewhat unrelated to the operating system of the computer. However, things like memory, RAM, and processing power have generally improved with newer models.
- Size - Desktop PCs can be quite large. If you are looking for something slightly smaller and more compact, then look at the range of all-in-one machines on the market. These dont have the bulky tower that most desktops have and can run on any version of Windows that you want.
What Operating System Should I Use?
Choosing the right computer operating system is particularly important when you are looking at older PCs. Some of the more popular Microsoft operating systems for HP computers include:
- Windows XP - Released in 2001, the XP is the most popular older style operating system. It often appears on old school desktops and all-in-one PCs and is more than enough for basic everyday use.
- Windows 7 - Windows 7 introduced in 2009, and quickly became popular. Until the introduction of Windows 10, it boasted over half of the market share for desktop and all-in-one PCs.
- Windows 10 - As of 2018, Windows 10 is the most recent operating system and commonly comes with most new PCs.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by HP.