How to Shop For an All-in-One Desktop
Computers and all-in-one desktops have been becoming more innovative and user-friendly. Though a touchscreen is nothing new to world of computing, it certainly can make some jobs and tasks easier when you have the ability to use your screen like a tablet, it can open up a whole new world. HP makes several desktop models with touchscreen capabilities that are sure to be a good fit in your home or home office.
What Are the Benefits of a Touchscreen?
There are several benefits when it comes to a touchscreen and while its more common to see touchscreens with laptops, this applies to desktop monitors as well.
- Ability to zero in. When trying to zoom in on a small item or click on a small link, a touchscreen gives you the capability to zero in exactly where your hand needs to be.
- Another mouse option. Should your mouse or keyboard fail at any point, you can always use the touchscreen to go into settings and make the adjustments you need to.
- Ability to multitask. You can use keyboard, mouse and your fingers all at once to perform certain tasks, allowing you to use your desktop PC as a very versatile tool.
What Is All-in-One and What Else Do I Need?
Some users are not certain exactly what an "all-in-one" refers to. Essentially, your computer should come ready to use, right out of the box. This includes everything from a pre-installed Windows 10 operating system to a mouse to click with. Essentially, all-in-one PCs offer:
- Mouse. Some models include a wireless mouse but all all in one PC models include a wired mouse.
- Keyboard. Just as with the mouse, some desktop PCs will include a wireless keyboard, but all offer you a wired option.
- Monitor. Every all-in-one PC offers a monitor but in this case, it will be a touchscreen option.
- Operating system. These HP Pavilion computers should have Windows 10, or another version of Windows, pre-installed and ready to go for you.
You may want to consider adding:
- All-in-one printer. This gives you the option of scanning, faxing, and printing.
- Extra memory (RAM)
Top Laptop Features to Look For
When it comes to choosing a desktop, there are certain things you should look for as youre deciding on what kind to buy.
- Processor. An Intel dual-core processor is always a safe bet, and HP offers both Intel core celeron and Intel core radeon types. A fast CPU will ensure that your computing experience is seamless as you move through programs.
- Hard drive. Its important to have enough space to store all of your needed files, documents, and movies. Look for a 1 TB HDD or a 2 TB HDD to make sure you have plenty of room.
- RAM. Its fairly common to have at least 8 GB RAM or more, offering you enough memory to move through programs.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by HP.