Why Use an All-In-One Desktop PC?
All-in-one PCs combine the components of a conventional desktop computer system into a single unit. Rather than connect a monitor to a computer tower case, all-in-one PCs from brands like Gateway house hardware components in the monitor unit. Their common model uses the Windows 7 or Windows 10 operating system.
What Makes an All-In-One PC Unique?
If you are trying out this kind of PC for the first time, you may notice some significant variations in design and hardware configuration from your old machine.
- Design: In an all-in-one computer, the monitor and desktop tower are encased in a single unit. This design ensures that these computers have a conspicuous profile. Take advantage of the computer units slim silhouette and enjoy working in a more spacious working area.
- All-in-one Hardware Configuration: In order to preserve a stylish unit design, all-in-one PCs do not have as much hardware reconfigurability. This can limit the performance and upgradeability. However, as monitor and desktop system components have advanced, their performance remains exemplary.
What Features Should I Look Out for in an All-In-One PC?
The desired hardware configuration of your device will depend on your own requirements and preferences. However, if you want to track down a versatile and responsive computer, you should understand the importance of the following technical features:
- Processing Capacity: The CPU is the component that coordinates user commands with available hardware resources. Choosing an Intel Core Pentium processor with a clock speed over 3.5 GHz will ensure that your computer can run heavy-load programs and graphically intensive video games. You will notice an even more significant increase in performance if you pair your processor with a discrete graphics card and 16 GB DDR3 RAM.
- Monitor Features: If you regularly use your computer for web browsing, video editing, or document processing, its important that the integrated LCD monitor has a high resolution and is comfortable for long-term usage. Additional monitor features to look out for are G-Sync gaming display panels, and HD touchscreen support.
- Cooling Options: Because of the integrated design of all-in-one computers, there is often little space for air fans or internal liquid cooling systems. Therefore, look for All-In-One PCs that minimize heats buildup by using metal cases and thermal intake control channels.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Gateway.