Know More About the Dell Intel Core i5 4th Gen PC Desktop
Finding the right personal computer (PC) can seem complex and torturous, but knowing what to look for can simplify the process. Whether you are looking for a system to run productivity programs, such as word processing and spreadsheet accounting, or for a students first computer, the Dell Desktop PC with Intels i5 4th generation core processor could fit the bill. This Dell Intel computer offers HDMI connectivity, plenty of GHz, and an array of available programs.
What operating system would you be working with?
The operating system defines how the computer performs its functions. When you first start up the computer, how it looks and how it works is determined by the particular operating system used. Many of these Core i5 desktops come with the operating system erased, which offers you the opportunity to install the operating system that best meets your needs.
- Microsoft Windows: This is generally considered a very commonly used operating system. There is a variety of gaming software, academic software, and productivity software designed to work with the Windows operating system.
- Linux: This is a commonly used alternative operating system to Microsoft Windows. Linux is what is called an "open source" operating system, meaning it is distributed free of charge and is readily downloadable from the internet. Linux is used by thousands of computer enthusiasts around the world, many of whom then write additional software programs using the Linux system.
What is the 4th generation i5 Intel Core processor?
The Intel core processor is manufactured in a variety of editions. The processor is considered the brain of the computer with its speed measured in gigahertz (GHz). It processes the information as you work. The faster the processor, the faster the computer can work.
What is computer memory?
Random Access Memory (RAM), also known as the memory cache, is short-term storage for information being processed. The bigger the cache, the more things the computer can be doing simultaneously, so you can read the news and check your email while listening to music. Think of the computer as a juggler. The RAM correlates to how many balls the juggler can keep in the air at the same time. The processor correlates to how fast he can juggle them. DDR3 RAM can provide a lot of memory for diverse needs.
- RAM: RAM is usually measured in gigabytes (GB).
- Byte: A byte is a mathematical unit used to measure information, or data. One byte is roughly equal to one letter of the alphabet or one numeral.
- GB: Each GB is approximately equal to one billion bytes and is called a GB RAM, or one gigabyte of random access memory.
What is a hard disk?
The hard disk drive (HDD), simply known as the hard drive, is the major storage component. It contains all of the information used by the system.
- HDD: Hard disk drive (HDD) storage is usually measured in either gigabytes (GB) or terabytes (TB).
- TB:A terabyte (TB) is approximately equal to 1000 gigabytes.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dell.