Ford Escape Fans and Kits
The radiator fans in your Escape play an important role in keeping your engine from overheating. There are many types and styles of Ford Escape fans and kits available for your vehicle. Here are some questions that may come up when making a selection for your Ford.What types of fans are available for your Ford Escape?
There are two main types of fans available for your Escape. Understanding the options available can be helpful when making a selection for your SUV.
- Mechanical radiator fans are powered by your engine. A belt will drive the fan so that the faster the engine is running, the faster the fan will move. Some mechanical fans will have a clutch with an idle lock feature that allows the fans to continue operating when the engine is idling or at a low speed.
- Electric radiator fans are tied into cars electrical systems. This allows the fan to run at a steady speed, and sensors can control when the fan operates for increased efficiency. This can help prevent the engine from overheating as you drive.
When you need a radiator fan for your vehicle, there are several features to consider when making a choice. Understanding the features can make selecting the correct fan for your model easier.
- Number of fan blades. You should use a radiator fan with at least a minimum of four blades. In general, more blades allow for an increase in airflow and cooling. If you have modified or replaced the engine with a larger option, you may want to increase the number of blades to aid in cooling.
- Pusher versus puller fans. Puller fans are mounted behind the radiator and pull in cool air. These are optimally used as a primary cooling fan and can be supplemented by a pusher auxiliary fan.
- Check the airflow requirements for the size of your motor. The airflow is measured in cubic feet per minute (CFM), and the amount will increase for larger motors.
Selecting a radiator fan for your vehicle can be overwhelming with the different options available. Following these tips can help when making a selection.
- Choose fans compatible with your SUV. You will need to know the model year and trim level of your Ford Escape.
- Choose a style. You can choose from single fans or double fans.
There are many companies that manufacture replacement radiator fans for Ford cars. If you prefer to use original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts, you will want to choose from fans made by Ford and Mercury. OEM parts are built by the same company that built the part installed on your vehicle at the factory, while aftermarket parts are built to the same factory specifications as the original parts installed in your Escape. Dorman, Flex-a-light, Hayden, and other companies produce aftermarket radiator fans that are compatible with your Escape.