New, Used & Certified Refurbished Circular Saws
The electric circular saw is one of the most popular go-to power tools in the home and on the construction site. While cordless power saws are available, the corded circular saw is the most common type for home use and difficult jobs. Consider these points before buying a saw.
Types of Circular Saws
The two most common types of circular saws are the worm drive saw and the sidewinder saw.
- The worm drive circular saw
- It has a short height and a long length because the handle sits behind the left-mounted blade.
- It usually has more power and weight than its counterpart.
- Because the blade sits on the left side and the bulk of the weight is on the right, this is a popular cutting choice for right-handed users.
- Oil must be added to the saw for lubrication.
- The sidewinder circular saw
- It has a higher set handle and a right-mounted blade.
- Commonly used for projects in the home, this power saw is lighter and spins faster.
- Because the action happens on the right side and the bulk of the saw's weight is on the left, this is a popular choice for left-handed users.
What Can I Cut with a Circular Saw?
Most circular saws come with an all-purpose carbide-tipped blade for wood projects. Special options for tile, metal, and masonry cutting are also available, and are easily switched out. Circular saws can make rips with the wood grain, crosscuts against the wood grain, angles, plunges in the middle of the sheet of material, and bevels up to 45 degrees.
What Do the Abbreviations and Measurements on the Saw Mean?
The inches listed in the description refer to the diameter of the disk. The most common size of electric circular saw blades is 7-1/4 inches, allowing it to cut through more than 3 inches of material. Amps (amperes) measure the amount of electricity it requires to run this tool. Standard circular saws run on 15 amps. Horsepower measures rotational force (torque) for cutting. RPM stands for rotations per minute, and it is related to the locations of the motor and blade. Sidewinder circular saws rotate faster, at about 6000 times per minute. This is because the motor is in line with the gear that turns the blade. Worm drive saws spin slower, at around 4500 rotations per minute. This is because the motor sits behind the blade and must activate two gears at right angles to each other in order to cut. When you consider the saw's power, size, mount, and your typical job, you will be able to select the circular saw most appropriate for you.
Certified Refurbished Circular Saws
You can uncover unbeatable values on circular saws by shopping eBay Refurbished items on eBay. These products are guaranteed to arrive in like-new condition, including accessories, instruction manuals, and packaging. That means you enjoy the same performance as someone buying off the shelf, often at a considerable savings. Buyers get a 2-year warranty and free 30-day return/replacement policy that starts when you receive the saw. Sellers are held to eBay's highest standards of customer service and are monitored to ensure they're hitting our metrics. If you're ready to buy a circular saw but don't want to pay full price, eBay's Certified Refurbished program is a great place to start your search.
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products.Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about ebay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
Ship it back:You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.