Whether you need seating for the living room, dining room, or even the classroom, you want furniture that is comfortable and stylish. When looking for an accent chair or dining chair, you will want to consider the following questions.
What types of living room chairs are there?
There are five main types of room chairs that you may come across:
- Chair and a half: This piece of furniture is larger than normal room chairs to provide a place to lounge. They are often made from microfiber or leather, making them comfortable.
- Wingback chair: This seating has side panels that are often called wings. The wings were originally designed to shield against drafts though now they are used for decorative purposes.
- Club chair: These are cushioned armchairs that have comfortable arms and a low back. They are made for general sitting and relaxing. They often are used as accent chairs in living rooms or home libraries.
- Occasional chair: This piece of furniture is often used as extra seating when needed. When not in use, they often are designed to be accents and usually have unique patterns or fabrics.
- Slipper chair: This type of furniture is armless and has short legs. This makes it a comfortable choice for many when it comes to seating.
What should you consider when looking for a chair?
- Materials: Some accent chairs are made from fabric while others are made from leather or faux leather.
- Comfort: No matter what you are using your seating for, it should be comfortable and promote good posture.
- Strength: Home furniture should be strong and durable to last for years.
- Functionality: When looking for an accent chair or dining chair, you may want to determine how long a person will be sitting in it and what it will be used for. If you need to stack it, you want to make sure that it is designed to do that.
Discover the perfect backpack, dorm room decorations, study supplies and great chairs to prepare for going Back to College.