Using Camcorder Lens Filters
Ever taken a photo and during post-production you realize there are some issues such as light exposure that you are unable to fix? A camcorder lens filter would come in handy in such a situation. This filter is one of the accessories that every professional camera operator or videographer should have.
The size of the camera filters is measured in millimeters (mm) and must be in line with the thread size of your camcorder. These filters ensure that every image looks great even when the conditions are unfavorable. Besides, they are also compatible with different camera brands such as Sony, JVC, and Nikon.
Which are the available types of filters on the market?
- UV filter - This is a camera filter that removes the haze which results from UV light by the sun. Besides, it also protects the camera lens.
- Polarizer filter - This filter is made of an anti-reflection coating that reduces glare and increases the color saturation and contrast.
- Natural density filter - This is a conversion lens accessory that shrinks the depth of the field by reducing the zoom. Additionally, you can also soften the background while the main subject is still in focus.
- Color conversion filter - This one is used to reduce the skin tones depending on your needs.
- Diffusion filter - This camcorder lens filter is used to soften or smooth out textured surfaces.
What are the types of lenses compatible with filters?
There are different types of lenses each suited for High-Definition photography. For instance, those suited for portraits or landscape.
- Zoom lens - These lenses are popular because of their versatility. They allow you to capture close-up shots without having to move your feet. They have a range of focal lengths ranging from 18-55mm.
- Wide-angle lens - This one creates a panoramic field of view and also lays more emphasis on the foreground.
- Telephoto lens - This is a lens that is designed to bring photos closer and in sharper focus. It is usable with a telephoto adapter provided it has a compatible thread.
- Fisheye lens - It curves the image for extensively wide panoramic and circular shots. They are recommended for artistic and interior architecture shots. Besides, they also have a High-Definition optical resolution that creates sharper images.
- Macro lens - This is a multi-coated optical resolution lens that is used for taking extremely close-up photos. For example, flowers and insects. They can be used with a neutral density filter.
What are the benefits of using camcorder lens filters?
- For protection in case you bump your camera against something hard or drop it.
- Camcorder lens filters are easy to clean. It is a simple procedure done using a lens paper. This way you can protect your primary lens from scratches and damage.
- They allow you to be more aggressive and artistic when shooting. You can play around with the different filters to get the perfect balance in a photo.